Sunday, July 30, 2006
WE'RE BACK!
We have returned from another great Windermere trip. The weather was great, the activities were great and the company was great! We rented the Seidels rental cabin right on the water with pretty much my whole family. Everyone was there except for Amy's family. I must say I really could have used Amy out there with me this time because none of my other sisters would play with me. It was fun to have Kerri and Cade there. Hopefully Cade is recovering nicely. Sean and Cade rode mountain bikes down Panorama one day and Cade took some major diggers. Then Cade tried wake boarding and skiing, not to mention my famous tube rides. It's not fun unless it hurts right Freibergs. I am proud to say that I can still ski. I even got up on the wake board, however I did not stay up. The front boot was not turned to the front like I like it. All the kids had a great time and got a long really well. Sommer and Olivia have turned into little fish. They were in the lake for hours just swimming around. At first with life jackets and then tubes and then with just life jackets. We of course had our night time swim which Sommer got to come on.(so we kept our bathing suits on this time) (just kidding)We rented a Sea Doo and a 3 man tube which was really fun. A couple of the days were really windy with big waves. Michael and Scott went for a pretty crazy tube ride which I think they are still recovering from. All the kids went on the tube also, behind the Sea Doo and even behind the boat. Not on the windy days however. We are actually the not so proud owners of the tube now. Our crazy tube rides broke the zippers and they are making us pay for the tube to the tune of $400. The last day we were there the waves were huge and we of course thought it would be fun to go for a boat ride. Well we got hit by a huge wave that smashed the windshield to pieces and even bent the metal frame. It was like we were hit with a wall of water. We were soaked. I was just glad my Dad was driving and not me. That way he couldn't say what do you mean you broke the wind shield. Anyway we had a great time and were sad that it was over so fast. I always leave a little piece of my heart at Windermere. I'll post some pictures but we don't have very many. Our camera broke mid trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I laughed out loud at your comment about dad saying what do you mean you broke the windshield. I am glad you had fun and yes I would have played with you.
thank you so much for the cookies...they were SO good!
I'm glad you guys had fun! We got here on Friday night. I wish we could have seen you up here. I have to say that if your tube rides are as crazy as Amy's I'm glad we were no where near. I loved riding in the boat when Amy would drive but was terrified to be in the tube. Anyway, we get back to town Friday. Maybe we can squeeze in a visit....oh yeah, we've been out on the boat all week and my Dad hasn't yelled "ccaaaattttccccchhhhhh it!!!" even once. (when we tease him about that he denies it but we all know the truth!) I think he is getting a little more confident with his docking capabilities!! Ha ha ha!
Post a Comment