Well we are towards the end of our second week back to school. It has been fairly excruciating. I think that as a mother you feel your children's pain worse than they feel it. Let's start with Olivia. She is actually doing really well once I get her in her classroom and make my exit. The first day of grade one I brought her home for lunch and as she was eating I encouraged her to eat faster so that we could get her back to school. She looked at me in horror and said, "I have to go back, nobody told me that." From that day forward she would yell at me when I brought her home for lunch and said she wanted to stay for lunch. I told her she couldn't stay for lunch because she wasn't signed up yet. She looked at me and said, "I know your lying". Needless to say I signed up her for lunch and she hasn't come home since. The past two mornings she as been clinging to me and not wanting me to leave her. It's tough but she does great once I'm gone. Her teacher is Mrs. Shyiak and she seems great. Olivia likes her. Sean taught Liv's primary class on Sunday about tithing. He has the class why we pay tithing and Olivia answered saying,"because Jesus doesn't have any money". She's a classic kid.
Sommer has done better that we thought she would starting grade 5 at a new school, bus, staying for lunch and all that. She seems to like her teacher well enough but all the change is taking it's toll on her. We'll leave it at that for now. We are proud of her because she is being so brave.
Erik misses his sisters during the day but loves to walk to the school and pick up Liv. Usually we stay for a bit so they can play at the park. Speaking of parks, the catholic school behind us is building an awesome park. It's so close to our house the kids are really excited.
Sean got a new calling. He was released from the Bishopric and put on the high counsil. He is over our ward and stake activities. He is already very busy. His first speaking assignment is in October for the chinese branch. They will use a translator so at least his talk doesn't need to be as long. I'm still the music leader in primary. Our program is next month and they just released the entire primary presidency....interesting? Oh well, I'll just show up and lead the music. Well that's a wrap for now. I'll put some first day of school pictures up.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great news...I totally knew it...when Jordan was here visiting she mentioned that Sean wasn't in the presidency anymore and I knew that's where he was headed next...he's such a great guy where else would he go!
Fun about that park behind your house...those are the best
Post a Comment