Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Can It Be Any Colder?!

Man is it cold. I took a pile of kids to school this morning and it said -31 on my car thermometer. With the wind chill they say it is -41. Aren't you so excited Judy! You can hardly breathe when you go outside. I really need to go to Costco today but I don't know if I am brave enough or if I want to subject my kids to that. Life has been pretty much marching on as usual. I officially started LA Weight Loss again. I had to buy some new weeks because mine ran out, unused. That sucks but I want to get the weight off. So far it's been kind of slow. I'm down 3 pounds the first weeks so I guess that's not too bad. I did this clease for 2 days so I was expecting more. Oh well, I don't care how long it takes I'm just going to keep trying. I'm trying to get Erik to dring a bottle so I can ween him. I got a pump to feed him breastmilk in a bottle. This is what I've learned. He only likes breastmilk if it is in my breast. He throws the bottle if regular milk or formula is in it. He will drink a little of Erin's brand of formula in a sippy cup. He will chug anykind of juice in a bottle. Last night he went to sleep drinking a juice bottle. I felt like a bad mother. At least it was half water and he doesn't have any teeth to rot out of his head. This morning I made a warm milk bottle with some sugar in it. He didn't throw it but he didn't drink it either. Any suggestions you Moms out there? Sommer received her report card on Friday and it was good and not so good. Her reading is really starting to affect the other subjects. She is starting with a tutor tomorrow. We are really hoping that will help. I had pictures taken of the kids in the matching Christmas outfits. They turned out really well and I bought way too many. Oh well you can't have too many pictures of your kids right? Well I should go, Banff on Friday YaY!

3 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Hey Lara,

Congrats on the 3 lbs!!! My brother's wife had her baby a month ago and within the first two weeks of having her, she lost all 30 lbs she gained. GRRRRR!!! She is so sweet that I can't be mad at her. She said, "I don't know what happened, every time I got on the scale I lost 5 more pounds."

About the counting thing...I started that because Emma ruled out naps alltogether. She still needs them on some days, so I just tell her that she needs to lay down until I count to 500. That sounds good to her, except she never makes it to 200. I do it really slow and talk softly while I yawn in between. I rub her back and pretty soon she is out!!! Good luck with the weight loss!

Judy Taylor said...

Do you realize that I could experience a temperature swing of 100 degrees from here to there? That can't be good for you. Do you have one of those snuggly things for adults - the kind you put in the car seats? I'd rent a wheel chair if you'd push me around...

Amy and Brad said...

Congratulations on the 3 pounds Lara. I am struggling to lose the last 15.